The following standards will be considered criteria for application and operation of an Alternative Shelter (“Alt”) Rental as a use similar to a campground.
- Campground use is permitted in the Rural Living (RL) zone with a Conditional Use Permit and within the Agricultural and Resource Conservation zones with a Minor Use or Conditional Use Permit. Permitting information is below.
Alternative structures operating as a short-term rental without a valid county permit are subject to fines up to $1,000 per day.
Conditional Use Permit application is an *
Actual Cost application that requires
a deposit of $14,120.
- A Minor Use Permit application is an *Actual Cost application that requires a deposit of $7,220.
- All Projects are subject to CEQA review.
- Both a Minor Use Permit and a Conditional Use Permit require a public hearing.
- Additional requirements for filing a conditional use or minor use permit can be found on the Project Information Sheet.
*Actual cost application means staff time is charged to the account and may require additional deposits.