Permits Operation Support Division, Transportation Permit Section, is responsible for issuing permits for work within the County road right-of-way. All work within the County road right-of-way requires a permit from the Department of Public Works. If you are unsure as to which type of permit you need, please call us at (909) 387-1863.
For Oversized Moving Permit please call (909) 387-8046.
EXCAVATION PERMITS allows excavation within the County Maintained Road System. Example: utility connections.
- ENCROACHMENT PERMITS allows encroachment onto County Maintained Road rights-of-way. Examples: power poles, block walls, or carports.
- TRACT/CONSTRUCTION PERMITS allows construction within an existing County Maintained Road or construction of new roads being proposed to be maintained by the County.
- SPECIAL EVENTS PERMITS are required for temporary uses of County Maintained Road right-of-way. Examples: community events or filming.
- TREE PERMITS are free, but are required for cutting, replacing or removing trees within County Maintained Road right-of-way.
- ROAD CLOSURE permits are required for closing a County Maintained Road for any length of time.
The following forms are available for download: