The General Plan text was adopted by the Board of Supervisors on March 13, 2007. It became effective on April 12, 2007. The General Plan is the fundamental policy document for the unincorporated, privately-owned lands of San Bernardino County. The General Plan:
- Contains goals, policies, & implementing actions for various issues, including natural & man-made hazards & resources.
- Sets the framework for decision-making regarding the County's long-term development and utilization of resources.
- Provides the data and analyses to support that decision-making framework.
- Provides the rules by which land can be developed (what, where and under what conditions).
- Provides a consensus vision of what the citizens and Board of Supervisors want for the County's future.
- Establishes the operating rules for achieving that vision.
To access the General Plan, please click the following icon:
To view the Housing Element of the General Plan, please click here.
To view the Draft Housing Element 2013-2021 of the General Plan, please click here.
Additional Resources and Information
If you wish to view the 2012 San Bernardino County General Plan Annual Report, click here
If you wish to veiw the General Plan Text Amendment dated April 24, 2014, click here
If you wish to veiw the General Plan Text Amendment dated July 18, 2013 click here
If you wish to veiw the General Plan Text Amendment dated May 22, 2012 click here
If you wish to veiw the General Plan Text Amendment dated December 6, 2011, click here
If you wish to view the Final Environmental Impact Report related to the 2007 General Plan, click here.