imgWelcome to LUS.
Welcome to the Land Use Services Department
Stay up-to-date on what's happening in the department. View the announcements.
Visit Our Planning Division
Look up zoning information, file an application, and keep up with our renewable energy efforts. Learn more.
imgView our building and safety department.
Visit Our Building & Safety Division
Apply for building permits, submit plans and documents, and check our inspections schedules. Learn more.
imgCode Enforcement
Visit Our Code Enforcement Division
View regulations, file a complaint, and pay your citations. Learn more.

Notice to Land Use Services Customers

Our lobby and counter facilities are temporarily closed and are currently offering in person services by appointment only. To make an appointment please call us at:(909) 387-8311.

There are many other ways to work with us. For inspection requests and questions, please contact us at:

Planning and Building Divisions:

To submit plans and applications, please access the EZOP customer portal: | For EZOP help call: (800) 722-4542

For other questions and resources, use our virtual counter below. 

Questions are answered in the order received. You will be contacted by phone or email, usually within 48 hours. Follow-up questions are welcome.

If you have already filed an application, please contact your project Planner or Project Manager directly.

Code Enforcement and Fire Hazard Abatement:

To discuss a specific case or to ask questions, please contact us by phone at: (909) 884-4056 or by e-mail at:

For other general questions, please contact us by phone at:

Valley: (909) 387-8311

High Desert: (760) 995-8140

Land Use Services Department

The Land Use Services Department is dedicated to ensuring a balance in the areas of housing, business, and recreational needs for the diverse cultures and communities of San Bernardino County. This is accomplished through comprehensive regional planning and enforcement of building standards, land uses, and environmental impacts. 

The Land Use Services Department continues to improve the quality of life for residents and visitors to San Bernardino County by providing a framework for orderly growth while maintaining the highest level of public safety.