Permits are required to build, alter, repair, move or demolish any building and to do electrical, plumbing, heating, solar, and air conditioning work. Earthwork grading and driveway approaches also require permits. Permits may be obtained at your local Building and Safety office. Be sure you have all the necessary permits before you start work.

Permit Research

Permit research can be requested at the Building and Safety customer service counters during operating hours. Archived paper permits are located at specific offices. Select the following link to determine permit locations and to request permit history. Contact us to place a request for permit history by email, phone, or walk-in. Please be prepared to provide the following information: Assessor’s Parcel Number or Address, type of permits, time-frame for search.

There is a $10 fee charged for anyone other than the property owner requesting permit research. Please contact Customer Service to file request and obtain project number to apply payment for research.

Permit Fees

In addition to permit fees, there may be school fees, traffic fees, drainage fees or other fees due in your area. Building and Safety can provide you with information on projects and related fees. Contact Building and Safety for a permit fee quote.

Permit Guidelines

Daily Inspection Schedule ZoningRegister A Complaint