The Human Resource Department is thrilled to announce the 7th annual Interagency Greatest Loser (IGL) challenge — brought to you by the County's Wellness Program, My Health Matters! (MHM!). Once again, we will be partnering with Los Angeles County and Metropolitan Transportation Authority of Los Angeles!
All County employees are encouraged to participate; on a voluntary basis—in this unique opportunity to compete on a team of your choosing! The competition will begin February 24, 2020 and last until April 18, 2020 (Total of 8 weeks). Team registration and initial weigh-in will last from February 11, 2020 to February 29, 2020. Final team weigh-ins must be reported the week of April 18, 2020.
Every competing team will need to choose a captain! If you should decide to take on the significant role of captain, we would love to have you join us for our Team Captain Training webinar:
Team Captain Webinar
The Team Captain training and kick-off session is to be attended on the employee’s own time. If you are unable to attend the Team Captain webinar, the recording (listed above) is available on our website for viewing at your convenience. View the PDF version of Team Captain training and kick-off webinar.
Additional Challenge Information:
Team Captain’s Corner:
Weekly Healthy Living Webinar Series:
- Weekly webinars will be held on various health-related topics during the noon hour on Tuesdays. View the Schedule of Webinars.
- If you missed a webinar, then you can view the weekly recordings provided here (within 72 hours).
- View the Weekly Webinars on Tuesdays from 12:00 PM - 12:50 PM:
- Missed a webinar? Click here.
- For ideas on how to increase your physical activity and connect with existing recreational programs, amenities, and activities in your community:
- For questions regarding the 2020 Interagency Greatest Loser competition, email the My Health Matters! Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.