Sometimes the unexpected happens: you or a family member becomes ill, or you have unscheduled overtime. How will you get home? Fortunately, the Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) program has you covered in the event you have an emergency, including:
Unexpected overtime or unanticipated change in work schedule
- Unexpected illness/emergency of an immediate family member
- Personal illness/emergency
- Carpool/vanpool driver has an emergency or unexpected overtime
If your emergency is not due to overtime, you must receive permission from your supervisor to leave work early. Commuter Services cannot excuse you from work.
Examples of situations that are not covered under GRH include:
- Pre-scheduled appointments (Doctor and otherwise)
- Inclement weather
- Personal errands
- Pre-scheduled overtime
- Business travel
You can also view the Emergency Information page for details related to other types of emergencies.
How does it work?
GRH will only be considered after all the other options listed below have been exhausted:
- Is a friend or family member available to provide transportation?
- Is your supervisor willing to allow a co-worker to provide you a lift?
- Does your department have a County vehicle that you can borrow?
- Will your department authorize you to borrow a car from Motor Pool at your department's expense?
To use the GRH program, contact Commuter Services at 909.387.9639 or 909.387.9640. Rideshare participants can use GRH up to two times per fiscal year for reimbursement of eligible expenses for the one-way cost of getting home, including taxi, Uber, Lyft, Zipcar, rental car and public transit.