The Modified Benefit Option (MBO) provides the following:
- A higher rate of pay, $1.75 per hour above base rate.
- The $1.75 per hour increase provided by the MBO will be considered as part of the base hourly rate when calculating:
- Retirement Benefit Amount,
- County contribution to the Retirement Medical Trust (RMT)*,
- Sick leave cash-outs pursuant to RMT Article, and
- Leave cash-outs
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) in lieu of separate use-specific leave accruals:
- Employees in Classifications that are Regularly Scheduled to Work Holidays shall accrue PTO each pay period as provided in the chart below.
- Employees in Classifications that are Not Regularly Scheduled to Work Holidays shall accrue PTO each pay period as provided in the chart below.
- Holiday Pay:
- Employees in Classifications that are Regularly Scheduled to Work Holidays shall not accrue holiday leave, but shall be paid twice their base hourly rate for all hours worked on the following holidays:
- January 1st
- Last Monday in May
- July 4th
- First Monday in September
- November 11th
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- December 24th
- December 25th
- December 31st
- Employees in Classifications that are Not Regularly Scheduled to Work Holidays shall receive pay according to the Holiday Leave Section of the Leave Provisions of the MOU, except such employees will not be eligible for the floating holiday.
- The choice of the following medical plan options:
- Electing the lower-premium, higher deductible Blue Shield PPO Bronze Plan (Bronze Plan) OR
- Maintaining current medical plan, while receiving a slightly lower Medical Premium Subsidy (MPS)
- A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) County match of up to $650 per year ($25.00 per pay period) with enrollment in the Bronze Plan, plus employee's contribution to the FSA.
- Double-time for all hours worked on 10 recognized holiday
*Except for those who are enrolled in the Blue Shield PPO Bronze Plan and FSA, and who receive the County match for FSA.
Professional Unit MBO Benefits by Occupational Unit (BBOU) - Summary of Traditional and Modified Benefit Options
Professional Unit - List of Classifications Eligible for the Modified Benefit Option (MBO)