The Modified Benefit Option (MBO) provides the following:
- A higher rate of pay, $2.00 per hour (Attorney I, II, III) or $3.50 (Attorney IV), above base rate.
- The increase provided by the MBO will be considered as part of the base hourly rate when calculating:
- Retirement Benefit Amount,
- County contribution to the Retirement Medical Trust (RMT),
- Sick leave cash-outs pursuant to RMT Article, and
- Leave cash-outs
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO) in lieu of separate use-specific leave accruals:
- The choice of the following medical plan options:
- Electing the lower-premium, higher deductible Blue Shield PPO Bronze Plan (Bronze Plan) OR
- Maintaining current medical plan, while receiving a slightly lower Medical Premium Subsidy (MPS)
- A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) County match of up to $650 per year ($25.00 per pay period) with enrollment in the Bronze Plan, plus employee's contribution to the FSA.
Attorney Unit MBO Benefits by Occupational Unit (BBOU) - Summary of Traditional and Modified Benefit Options
Attorney Unit - List of Classifications Eligible for the Modified Benefit Option (MBO)